Rigging Demo Reel 2015
I am now working on the animation project "Racing" talking about 5 fish-like creatures with different personalities race through a steampumk style obstacle course.
In this project, I take the role of technical director and rigger in charge of designing and maintaining animation pipeline and designing special non-biped rigs for our cute characters.
- Special non-biped creature structure
- Flexible deformation for the character and shell
- Emotional expressions without eyebrows or eyelids
I worked closely with animator to design the emotion sheet for each character and built the animator-friendly rigs. Below is the final rigging demo:
"Shattered" Character Rigging
I worked on the animation project "Shattered" talking about the sun god Helios who grants his only mortal son one wish at a cost. Inspired by ancient Greek pottery we will use 3D animation with special 2D shader to portray the fathers emotion visually and through narrative.
In this project, I took the role of 3D technical artist in charge of character modeling, texturing and rigging. Moreover, I worked with technical director to determine a feasible technical pipeline for the animation. The animation won the 36th Telly Award.
As technical rigger, I implement the following character rigs points beyond the basics:
- Counter-twist system for the thighs and shoulders.
- Preserving volume in the buttocks, knees and elbows.
- Dynamically parenting the legs and arms.
- Auto Clavicle system which allow the clavicle to follow the arm controls
- IK/FK switching for the arm control
I also used some simple scripts to fasten my speed in rigging and some expressions to get a better second motion.